“The Tarot of the Crone is inspired by the ancient holy one. She is grandmother, witch, and hag. She has been ignored or trivialized because she holds powers that others fear or deny. Powers of time and transformation, of death and shadow, of wisdom and pain, of magic and wonder.”
This unique feminist tarot reclaims the power of the Crone, the hag, the elder, the wise woman. It is a challenge to the cult of youth-worship, revealing depths of wisdom that can only be learned through age. In turn sharp as ice, warm as a fireside, desolate as a wasteland, impassioned as a true witch, this deck is a wonderful companion for shadow-work and for connecting to the ancestral femme and feminine wisdom we all carry within. Ellen’s paintings drawing on the symbolism of colour, of light and shadow, and the four elements of earth, air, fire and water.
- Suits: Wands/Fire, Cups/Water, Swords/Air & Disks/Earth
- Court Cards Renamed: Beast, Witch, Grandmother & Shadow
- Majors: Most with familiar titles, except V-Tradition, VI-Crossroads, XII-Sacrifice, and XX-Calling.
Originally sold in 2002 as a handmade limited edition, the Tarot of the Crone is Ellen Lorenzi-Prince’s first deck.
- 78 tarot cards, 8.9 cm x 12.6 cm, round corners, black borders and black, reversible backs.
- Small guidebook: 86 pages with card descriptions and meanings and small colour images of each card.
- Presented in black, soft velvet-feel drawstring bag (note this is a change for this edition and differs from the images above).
3rd edition, self-published.