Information for customers
We will update this page as we hear of changes that will affect us and our customers. We are practicing intentional adaptation, making changes to the way we work and prioritising safety and sustainability at every fork in the road.
As a tiny business hoping we can weather this storm, we are so grateful for your patience and understanding at this time.
For a more personal/thoughtful take on the pandemic and our response as a micro-business, follow our blog. You may also want to hop on our #Decklust mailing list, for all kinds of updates (including happy news such as new decks, tarot tutorials, and more!)
The key thing to understand is simply that everything is taking much longer right now – and that’s something we all have to accept. I shared a blog post explaining why right here. You’ll also notice that many items are out of stock – this post explains why.
Shipping & Delivery
Delivery services around the world are experiencing delays. Please note that we are unable to guarantee delivery times or send replacement parcels at this time.
Please check the information for your country here and bear this in mind when placing your order.
We ship our items using Royal Mail, via our local Post Office. Currently the Post Office is telling us to continue bringing in parcels, which we are doing on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
If your order includes tracked shipping, you will find your tracking number on your account page.
- UK customers: Tracked services will no longer require a signature as delivery workers practice distancing measures. Please respect postal workers’ need for safety at work and stay 2m away from workers at all times, and do not open the door unless there is a knock indicating a parcel. Please see this page for Royal Mail’s latest information.
- International customers: Some countries are experiencing delays in their mail and delivery systems. We cannot keep up to date with every country, but this page has daily updated information. Please check the information for your country. Suspended deliveries: We have temporarily stopped shipping to countries with suspended delivery services: India and Taiwan. (Shipping to Russia, New Zealand and South Korea has now resumed, however delays are very likely.)
Little Red Tarot is based in Wales, which has a different Covid policy to England. Here we are still under lockdown, which strictly limits time spent outside the home. The shop is based in Beth’s house, with Hele living one street away.
Update 1st July:
- Hele is now coming to work on Mondays and Fridays and is packing and shipping parcels. We are monitoring this situation and are poised to suspend this in-shop work if necessary.
- Many items are currently out of stock as shipments are delayed at borders. We are doing all we can to get the shelves restocked but this is largely beyond our control. Your patience is greatly appreciated!
Update 31st March:
- Hele is now working fully from home and no longer coming to the shop.
- Beth is currently managing all in-shop work. Parcels are delivered to the Post Office on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- We are tipping delivery workers who bring goods to the door (though many will not take the tips!)
Supporting vulnerable folks
This shop has always quietly supported grassroots refugee support organisations working on the ground in Europe (Refugee Community Kitchen, Help Refugees, occasionally others). In response to the pandemic, we have so far donated an additional £1200 raised via the Alternative Tarot Course. Throughout May and June the course raised funds for Safety4Sisters, supporting migrant women in the UK in especially vulnerable/dangerous situations, many of whom have no recourse to public funds. These bumped Slutist Tarot decks raised funds for sex workers facing hardship.
If you know someone who is having to self-isolate due to health conditions that make this virus especially dangerous for them, check out our Isolation Tarot Love Pack (if sold out, check back in a week or two – we update these from time to time). In May, 100% of profits (£800 + £200 gift aid) went direct to QueerCare, who support trans women and other queer folks who struggle to get appropriate health/care support.