Information for customers
We will update this page as we hear of changes that will affect us and our customers. We are practicing intentional adaptation, making changes to the way we work and prioritising safety and sustainability at every fork in the road.
As a tiny business hoping we can weather this storm, we are so grateful for your patience and understanding at this time.
For a more personal/thoughtful take on the pandemic and our response as a micro-business, follow our blog. You may also want to hop on our #Decklust mailing list, for all kinds of updates (including happy news such as new decks, tarot tutorials, and more!)
The key thing to understand is simply that everything is taking much longer right now – and that’s something we all have to accept. I shared a blog post explaining why right here. You’ll also notice that many items are out of stock – this post explains why.
Shipping & Delivery
Delivery services around the world are experiencing delays. Please note that we are unable to guarantee delivery times or send replacement parcels at this time.
Please check the information for your country here and bear this in mind when placing your order.
We ship our items using Royal Mail, via our local Post Office. Currently the Post Office is telling us to continue bringing in parcels, which we are doing on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
If your order includes tracked shipping, you will find your tracking number on your account page.
You may have noticed the dismal chaos at the UK/France border. There are big delays in getting items from the UK to Europe (that’s on top of covid delays and Christmas delays), and this has also meant a backlog at our local Post Office.
- If you would like to place an order: Rather than completely close EU sales, we are remaining open for now, though note we will temporarily close EU sales on 28th December until early January, to avoid our EU parcels getting caught in the worst of the mess.
- If you are worried about a recent order: Parcels are currently being held, we expect them to be moving again within a couple of days. If you haven’t already, you’ll receive your tracking number as soon as it is available. Thank you for your patience!
Tracked services will no longer require a signature as delivery workers practice distancing measures. Please respect postal workers’ need for safety at work and stay 2m away from workers at all times, and do not open the door unless there is a knock indicating a parcel. Please see this page for Royal Mail’s latest information.
Some countries are experiencing delays in their mail and delivery systems. We cannot keep up to date with every country, but this page has daily updated information. Please check the information for your country.
Little Red Tarot is based in rural Wales (where nothing happens at speed!) The shop is based in Beth’s home, with Hele living one street away.
Update 1st July:
- Hele is now coming to work on Mondays and Fridays and is packing and shipping parcels. We are monitoring this situation and are poised to suspend this in-shop work if necessary.
- Many items are currently out of stock as shipments are delayed at borders. We are doing all we can to get the shelves restocked but this is largely beyond our control. Your patience is greatly appreciated!
Update 31st March:
- Hele is now working fully from home and no longer coming to the shop.
- Beth is currently managing all in-shop work. Parcels are delivered to the Post Office on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- We are tipping delivery workers who bring goods to the door (though many will not take the tips!)
Supporting vulnerable folks
This shop has always quietly supported grassroots refugee support organisations working on the ground in Europe and the UK. In response to the pandemic, throughout April, May and June the Alternative Tarot Course raised several thousand in additional funds to donate to refugee organisations.
In spring, our Isolation Tarot Love Packs raised £1000 for QueerCare, who support trans women and other queer folks who struggle to get appropriate health/care support. Meanwhile these bumped Slutist Tarot decks raised funds for sex workers facing hardship.
We are also making regular donations to our local mutual aid/solidarity fund.
…And whilst charity and donating funds is important, we are now looking at longer term and more structural ways that this business can redistribute resources.