Information for customers
We will update this page as we hear of changes that will affect us and our customers. We are practicing intentional adaptation, making changes to the way we work and prioritising safety and sustainability at every fork in the road. We are poised to reduce or suspend our service should this become the right thing to do and are currently running with only one person working in the shop (which is also her home!)
As a tiny business hoping we can weather this storm, we are so grateful for your patience and understanding at this time.
For a more personal/thoughtful take on the pandemic and our response as a micro-business, follow our blog. You may also want to hop on our #Decklust mailing list, for all kinds of updates (including happy news such as new decks, tarot tutorials, and more!)
The key thing to understand is simply that everything is taking much longer right now – and that’s something we all have to accept. I shared a blog post explaining why right here.
Shipping & Delivery
Most delivery services around the world are experiencing delays. Please note that we are unable to guarantee delivery times or send replacement parcels at this time.
Please check the information for your country here and bear this in mind when placing your order.
We ship our items using Royal Mail, via our local Post Office. Currently the Post Office is telling us to continue bringing in parcels, which we are doing on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
You can find your tracking number on your account page.
- UK customers: We are now shipping all non-tracked parcels First Class (no extra cost to you) to help mitigate any delays in the system. Tracked services will no longer require a signature as delivery workers practice distancing measures. Please respect postal workers’ need for safety at work and stay 2m away from workers at all times, and do not open the door unless there is a knock indicating a parcel. Please see this page for Royal Mail’s latest information.
- International customers: Some countries are experiencing delays in their mail and delivery systems. We cannot keep up to date with every country, but this page has daily updated information. Please check the information for your country. Suspended deliveries: We have temporarily stopped shipping to countries with suspended delivery services: India and Taiwan. (Shipping to Russia, New Zealand and South Korea has now resumed, however delays are very likely.)
The UK is under lockdown, which strictly limits time spent outside the home. The shop is based in Beth’s house in rural Wales, with Hele living one street away.
Update 31st March:
- Hele is now working fully from home and no longer coming to the shop.
- Beth is currently managing all in-shop work. Parcels are delivered to the Post Office on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- We are tipping delivery workers who bring goods to the door.
Supporting the most vulnerable
This shop has always quietly supported grassroots refugee support organisations working on the ground in Europe (Refugee Community Kitchen, Help Refugees, occasionally others). In response to the pandemic, we have so far donated an additional £1200 raised via the Alternative Tarot Course. The course is now raising funds for Safety4Sisters, supporting migrant women in the UK in especially vulnerable/dangerous situations, many of whom have no recourse to public funds.
If you know someone who is having to self-isolate due to health conditions that make this virus especially dangerous for them, check out our Isolation Tarot Love Pack (now sold out). 100% of profits (£800 + £200 gift aid) went direct to QueerCare, who support trans women and other queer folks who struggle to get appropriate health/care support.
These bumped Slutist Tarot decks are a fundraiser for sex workers.