Power & Magic: IMMORTAL SOULS is the follow-up to POWER & MAGIC: The Queer Witch Comics Anthology, an award-winning collection of fantasy stories exalting the witch as an archetype of feminine power.
In IMMORTAL SOULS, queer witches of colour delve deep into the darker sides of magic: astral planes, necromancy, visions of death, and communion with the spirits of our world… and the beyond.
From the euphoria of holding the stars in your grasp, to the sacrifices we make to reach them, the POWER & MAGIC ANTHOLOGY SERIESexplores what it means to be a person of power in all its complexity.
- 120 pages
- containing 10 original stories created entirely by women of colour and non-binary people of colour
“The witch is an icon of power. She represents transcendence, healing, insight, defiance, feminine monstrosity, and a sacred relationship to the self, the community, and the universe. From the euphoria of holding the stars in your grasp, to the sacrifices we make to reach them, POWER & MAGIC explores what it means to be a person of power in all its complexity.”
What happens when these people of power draw that power from “the other side?”
Contributors to IMMORTAL SOULS include:
- Amber Huff (Ladies’ Night Anthology Volume 3: How To Magic)
- Ayanni C. Hanna and Melanie Tingdahl (Hoten, My Little Pony #1 ghost-variant cover, Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy #1 variant cover)
- Clara Em
- Francis Quintero (Sirenita)
- Joamette Gil (editor, Power & Magic Volume I)
- Lira Kraunik (The Lonely Moon, Rosette the Dragonet, Dirty Diamonds Anthology) and Nyka
- Patdag (Horizon, The Dream Cluster, The Sketch Book Zine)
- Sonia Liao (artist on Kulipari: Heritage by Joshua Starnes and Trevor Pryce, Helena Roseby E. O. Levendorf, You Were Here by Cori McCarthy)
- Sunny Ôchumuk and Ani Mackie (The Adventure Zine)
- Yeon Kyung Cha (Beat-Per-Min, Lilies Anthology, The Boy In Front of the Flower Shop)
- Stephanie Son (cover)
Also available: POWER & MAGIC: The Queer Witch Comics Anthology