Do you live in or near Machynlleth or pass through regularly?
Sick of throwing away perfectly good packaging?
We can re-use (some of) it!
Yes please! :)
See pics below for examples!
- Clean, non-raggedy bubblewrap (small and large bubbles). We cut this into 12″ squares, so pieces smaller than this cannot be used.
- Air filled pillows.
- Paper stuffing, provided it’s not too scrappy.
- Air-filled bubble sheets as shown below.
Check the pics below. If it’s not below, we can’t use it!
Please don’t bring things we can’t re-use, they just end up in landfill and in the journey there it’s extra hassle for both you and for us.
No thank you! :(
- Dirty, scrappy, raggedy bubble wrap, or bubble wrap with large amounts of tape that can’t be easily removed. The items we sell are often really special gifts, so whilst re-using plastic is important, we won’t use anything scrappy.
- Jiffy bags (there are other folks in Mach who can reuse these – put em on SwapShop!)
- Giant, stiff, air-filled packaging. We’re only wrapping decks of cards – our parcels are quite small!
- Loose-fill packing ‘beans’ (those polystyrene or cornstarch things that look like cheesy puffs).
Drop your packaging at 31 Maldwyn Place (bottom end of Brickfield Street), or email be**@be********.uk if we need to arrange collection. Please note – I don’t have a car! But have been known to carry up to two bin-bags very elegantly on my bike ;)
Do you need cardboard boxes for mulching your garden? We have a never-ending supply and can save the ones with less tape for you. Drop me a line if you can use them: be**@be********.uk