Got something special to share with the Little Red Tarot community?
We are an lively, active and engaged community of tarot lovers and learners and other witchy folks who are interested in exploring our cards, connecting with our politics, spirituality and healing, learning about ourselves, discovering new tarot decks and tools, and having fun with tarot, astrology, magic, ritual and more.
We love sharing alternative perspectives on tarot and a whole host of related topics, challenging mainstream or traditional ideas about tarot, and centring voices that are typically marginalised. We have a large LGBT and queer-identified community and Little Red Tarot wears it’s ‘LGBTQ + allies’ badge visibly and with great pride.
We are always actively seeking more writing from people of colour.
Submissions may cover a whole range of topics.
Though LRT began life as a tarot blog, we share posts on a wide variety of witchy themes!
- Tarot, tarot decks, tarot cards, tarot spreads, tarot history, tarot tips, tarot tools…you get the idea! We really love offering practical how-to posts to help folks develop their tarot practice.
- Lunar cycles/moon vibes.
- Herbalism (medicinal, magical, mythological, traditional, intuitive…)
- Magic, spells and witchcraft.
- Paganism, Wicca and other forms of religion/spirituality, including and especially DIY practices that don’t belong to any established tradition.
- Lenormand, oracles, runes and other forms of divination.
- Feminist, queer and radical-leftist ideas about/approaches to spirituality, healing, self-care, tarot, astrology…etc.
- The intersections of spirituality and social justice/activism.
- Interviews with people in the progressive healing community.
- Creative projects using tarot and/or any of the above.
- Self-care, health and wellbeing.
- Personal, thought-provoking and/or entertaining essays on how tarot intersects with your life.
- Useful articles about running your own spiritual-type business
We’re especially looking for writing from:
- People of colour
- Trans people
- Gender nonconforming people
- People living with disability and/or chronic illness
- Neuroatypical people
- People living in countries other than the US, UK and northwest Europe
- Other marginal spaces
We’re not looking for…
- Cliched writing about general wellbeing topics.
- ‘Standard’ tarot stuff that is already all over the web. This is a niche website. Get to know this niche before you submit (it’s cosy and special!)
- Sales pitches.
- Sponsored posts.
- Anything sexist, racist, heteronormative, misogynist, ableist, fat phobic, homophobic or transphobic (including overly-gendered or essentialist writing). If you’re not sure, ask!
If you are a generic content manager or creator of “well-researched content to fit your audience’s needs” please do not get in touch – your email will be marked as spam.
Looking to promote your in-progress tarot deck, Kickstarter, etc?
We’re most interested in reinterpretations of tarot that centre marginalised people and/or feminist and other social justice principles. Please take the time to explore this site and our aims, political leanings, readership and the type of projects we feature before getting in touch. Note that we get a lot of requests to promote or feature new deck projects, so please don’t be offended if we can’t share yours.
Want us to feature/review your published deck or book? Read this.
How to submit:
Email your pitch to: email@example.com.
We receive a large number of submissions and work part time. Please allow plenty of time for us to get back to you, and note that we can’t and don’t answer every email.