“Dark goddesses may be beautiful or horrible, loving or wicked. What they share are powers that are disturbing, or considered disturbing in female hands. These are the powers of suffering and shadow, of sex and sovereignty, of magic and mystery, of death, violence, and transformation. Dark Goddess Tarot invokes these goddesses, that their experience may provide strength and guidance in dark or difficult times.”
A 78-card tarot deck featuring a different goddess on every card, illustrated by Ellen Lorenzi-Prince. These are divine, powerful, feared and revered women from many cultures and traditions. Witches and hags, wise women, spirits and demons all bring their wisdom and magic to this colourful deck. The cards can be used as a regular tarot (the Dark Goddess Tarot follows the traditional system), or for exploring these many varied archetypes. Perfect for altars, shadow work, ritual and invocation as well as your usual tarot practice.
- 78 cards, 3″ x 5 1/2″
- Full colour, hand-painted
- Complete with a small guidebook, presented in a sturdy box
Please note: Although this deck follows the traditional structure of tarot, some elements have been renamed:
- The four suits are renamed: Earth (Pentacles), Air (Swords), Fire (Wands) and Water (Cups).
- The four court cards are renamed Amazon, Siren, Witch and Hag.
- Several major arcana cards have also been renamed.